Thursday, June 28, 2012

23 days of needles...and I am worn out!

So, I started my down regulation on June 5th - yes, JUNE f'ing 5th! I have been on a high dose of superfact in effort to suppress my pituitary gland, thus, preventing ovulation. As of Tuesday, I added in another needle, yay!! I am officially on stims and very excited for this try! As much as I am melting down over leaving Cailyn and Mark, I am also very excited to get this show on the road, and...be done with the needles! Tuesday's bloods showed two good things: 1. the removal of my cyst drove my E2 level down to normal and 2. my LH is good - so the suppression is working well. Of course the clinic here had a new u/s machine, tiny like a small laptop, and the medical devices sales rep was in the room for training while I was spread eagle! I wonder if HE does this frequently? Regardless of having a strange man staring at my goods, I have about 10 visible follicles, which is a good start before stims start.
Saturday I will go for my next blood and scan before departing for India!! I hope to see some good follicle growth - with the high dose of meds I am on (thanks Dr S!), I should see some good growth!

6 comments:

  1. I have no idea what you are talking about but it sounds good. I don't understand all terms but I am assuming those 10 eggs will mature just in time when you get to India and put in the sperm. Right? So exciting to have a goal and a visit to India and 10 follicles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great albeit complicated and exhausting. Hopefully time will fly and you will be back home with family in the shortest possible time. Good luck for the last leg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Won't be long now. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow kerrie, that sounds like a lot of needles, I started my meds yesterday (no needles yet tho) have a great trip to India, wishing you the very best and happy follicles full of lots of eggs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to hear things are going well! Safe travels and lots of good vibes for a very successful trip!!

    ReplyDelete