Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Needles and pills!

Yesterday I received my treatment schedule from Dr Shivani and to my surprise, I had to start my treatment yesterday!  I packed up Cailyn and drove 45 minutes north to a newly found IVF pharmacy with scripts in hand.  My scripts were filled very quickly and the pharmacists, having done IVF herself, and now offering meds at 2% above wholesale, offered me best wishes for a successful cycle.  I struggled with timing my meds - if I do them in the morning here, it will be the evening in Delhi and vice verse.  I am not sure I could wake up in Delhi on time, so I opted to do them at 9 am my time, 6:30pm Delhi time.   I did however take the provera tablet and withing 3 hours had menopausal hot flashes accompanied by mild sweats - OH YAY! gotta love hormones!! So, I will be on a down regulation (needles) from now until mid July, similar to how I cycled for Cailyn.  I will start stims around the 26th of June and fly to Delhi shortly after.

9 comments:

  1. Why am I finding this now? LOL i'm so slow, hehe. I wish i had meds to give you ths time as well, I do but they are expired,not sure you want them :)

    GOOD LUCK GIRL!!!! our sibling project will be like 3+years after this, we seriously need to re-coop $$ there sure as hell ant no space on a sinle cardleft..i'll be paying for this one FOREVER!! HAHAHA (but so woth it, if its our only then god has blessed me once!)

    Mid-July? I MAY see you, SUPER SUER EXCITED!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping our fingers crossed for you! I think Cailyn would love to have a little baby brother or sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best with your Journey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo im almost at this stage, wishing you the very best in your journey

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited to hear about the start of your second journey and the specific info about meds and side effects is really helpful for me. I'll be starting the process in about two month's time and I have no idea what to expect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all! It is crazy that we are going at it again, but my age says its a must do NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beyond excited. I am glad Mark left some "samples" and I guess if you need more he can fed ex in one day. Cailyn will be fine. I have seen Mark with her and she will be in great hands. I am so excited that your sister is going. If she changes her mine I can go:) Oh how I wish. Love to you and the family as you go for attempt number two. I know this will work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Kerrie! A quick question about the meds and scripts. Are the pharmacies in Canada allowing for Dr. S's prescriptions to be filled? I didn't do any of my cycle here because I wasn't sure how to work the meds. If you have a minute and can respond in email, I'd love to know the details on this!!! Also, does that pharmacy you used ship internationally?

    ReplyDelete