Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Week one of meds ...

Meds are going well.  I have just finished the Provera and will continue with the suppression injections til egg retrieval.  The suppression meds make my legs ache at higher doses - always have - so I emailed Dr Shivani about this, and in her typical efficient and super quick response time she responded with her medical opinion! Gotta love Dr S - she is just the best at communicating and I often wonder if she ever sleeps?!?!  Due to the higher dose of suppression meds it looks like I will need to grab a second bottle in the next few days or so and am having a hard time getting hold of the fert. clinic here, but I haven't tried really hard - tomorrow...procrastinate procrastinate!   June 19th is the the day Dr Shivani wants me to go for baseline bloods and ultrasounds.  I am always anxious before the first bloods and u/s of a cycle as I dread any bad news that could cancel a cycle or make it a challenging cycle.  Fingers crossed all goes well on the 19th.  I am looking forward to meeting some new people in Delhi and also connecting with some friends who will be there for baby pick up. Hoping I will get to meet Megan after 4 years of knowing each other by email and the Internet!  Megan and I started out on the surrogacy journey around the same time and have become comrades in the field of IVF and surrogacy.  I secretly hope Mandy's baby comes a little early (healthy early) so I can meet Mandy and her hubby.  Not too early ok..just a week or 10 days!  Other than this, I have plans to meet up with Aussies (Kim), Canadians (Kathy and David), Irish (Elaine) & Swiss/Canadians (Teresa).  Not sure how I will fit in an egg retrieval with all the socializing!  Sadly, I know my emotional state departing Canada will be frayed as I am leaving behind Mark and Cailyn.  I dread saying goodbye to them both, but know this is a small sacrifice to make to potentially give Cailyn a sibling.  Visa apps are in and will be picked up later this week, flights are booked and so is the hotel.  All is falling into place, and hopefully we will have success!

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck! So excited for a positive outcome. Our egg retrieval (via donor) is expected to take place between the 3rd and 5th of July if all goes well. We elected to anxiously await the news state-side instead of New Delhi. It looks like we might be on the same schedule and maybe even baby pick-up around the same time. Would love to meet you and your hubby as you were one of the stories I first started following in "blog land" that made us think that this journey was even possible. Take care and safe and successful travels.

    ReplyDelete