Friday, June 22, 2012

Cyst be gone!

My cyst is officially gone.  I arrived at the clinic at 7:30am, no food or drink for 12 hours prior.  I was very quickly checked in and one of the nurses put my IV in.  I was the second procedure that day, so I just had to enjoy my delicious saline drip and wait.  Thank god for iPhone - I was able to catch up on blogs and email.  Just before 9am I was asked to pee then headed to the OR.  Dr Casper was there waiting for me, and after some nurse confusion as to where the cyst was, Dr C asked "me" where it was and we were ready to roll.  I dreaded this procedure as I knew I would be awake for it and it might just hurt, alot!   Dr C froze my necessary entry bits then within seconds I saw my largish cyst on the ultrasound screen.  Dr C said take a deep breath, then poke...the 18inch need had pierced the cyst membrane and he started to withdraw the fluid.  The whole procedure took less than a minute, and surprisingly the pain was minimal!  Good job Dr C!  The rest of the day was a write off, just exhausted and a small amount of cramping, otherwise good.  Hopefully my next blood work will show lowered E2 levels.  Wish me luck!
Despite my emotional anxiety of leaving Cailyn and Mark, I am really looking forward to going to Delhi and meeting up with some people.  I am sad, yet happy that Bernadette will still be in India.  Sadly her boy is still playing games with his health so it looks like I will actually meet them.

5 comments:

  1. So glad it went well. I assume it was the type of cyst that was just liquid filled rather than the ones with "teeth and hair" and I know that sounds weird but there are those cysts as well. Can't wait for visit to India to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerrie - so happy to hear the cyst was removed with minimal pain. Hope your numbers straighten out and you are off on a successful journey to Delhi soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yuk, you poor thing. I had to cross my legs ready this post! Glad it's gone, see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you hear you got rid of that thing!! Now you are surely Delhi bound!! Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear cyst gone - best wishes for Delhi!!!

    ReplyDelete