Thursday, July 26, 2012

Black and White < 2

Well, we did not wake up to the pretty coloured email of congratulations.  We received the black and white version that was full of support and condolences for getting a negative.  :(
Sadly, this is the nature of IVF, it either works or it doesn't.  We know we had great chances with our surrogates and Dr Shivani, but this time it just did not work.  We thank the whole team at SCI for their efforts and giving us another shot to try an expand our family.  Just after the email I received a call from Dr Shivani to talk about it, and she was quite disappointed for us that not even one embryo stuck.  It is always great to talk with Dr Shivani and kinda spit ball ideas.  For now, this chapter is closed.

22 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry! I'll be keeping you close in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for that news Kerrie. If ANYONE knows about the patience and persistence needed, it is your family! Hugs for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are sorry to hear :( We are thinking of you's. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this news. Your family is in our thoughts and sending lots of hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to read this, thinking of you guys ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I woke up ready to receive the news and am so sorry it didn't work this time. I was so convinced it would work. My thoughts are with you today and again so sorry for you and your family. I hope you are okay. I know, if anyone, understands all of this it is you. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry, Kerrie. Hope you get extra-special hugs and kisses from Cailyn today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really sorry to hear that Kerrie. Like everyone had fingers crossed for you guys. Mind yourselves and big hugs to Cailyn xx Best wishes, K&J

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish this wasn't so. :-( Sorry. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sad to hear your news, big hugs from cyber land.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry Kerrie! ****hugs****

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear it didn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Noooooooooo!!!!! All that effort and planning and hormones and money, really angry you got the crappy news and not the good news I so wanted you to get :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kerrie, I had no idea about this second blog or any of this! I'm sorry to hear about the negative... sending positive and warm vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks everyone. It has been a tough few days for us. Not sure what is next for us...who knows.. Your words are very kind and super appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kerrie...sorry to hear this...like you said..it either works or it doesn't...doesn't make it any easier...but I must say...at this point...I'm just numb...thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kerrie and Mark - thinking of you and sorry to learn the news. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kerrie - I can't get in to your original blog any more? Can you send me an invitation?

    ReplyDelete